- Elect a team member on your staff to take a picture that embodies ideas below and post on your Social Media pages at least two per week
- Offer a code on your post for an instore or online discount or freebie
- Take two (or more) teas and recommend blending them together for a new recipe (I call this the Jelly Belly effect). For example: Vanilla Black goes GREAT in balancing ANY of your other black tea blends. I call this POST blending. Vanilla and Jasmine Green Tea and Earl Grey – top notch amazing blend. Steep this, pour it over ice, add milk. Amazing. Try putting it in a Soda Stream for a fabulous tea soda. Lychee jelly (nata de coco) or any honey or boba sweetener makes this a sophisticated and fun iced tea.
- Try cross promoting your teas with your local Chocolate or Cheese store and working on a tea pairing menu with their menu. Promote any info, menus, on social media, online, and create a Press Release to send out about your cross promotion and co-mingling effort
- Ask your staff what customers have been asking for and try that
- Delegate, delegate, delegate – do what you are good at and hand the rest over to your amazing staff members. Trust that they have your best interest and ask them to possess eyes of ownership when running with their ideas
- Yes we sell many teas that are popular, but what will be popular for you is truly what you and your staff love and talk about. Ask your most passionate employee to create a recipe.
- Every month is health month. Every month can be a dessert tea month. Feature teas and elixir promotions on these two things thoughts: We all want to be healthier – and tea is the perfect way to replace a soda, coffee, or sweet tooth habit
- Make “wine note” cards about the teas you are selling – everyone loves a story and descriptions. It will also help train your staff.
- Create a Local Restaurant wholesale program. You have worked hard on your brand. It is time for another revenue stream. Offer hot and iced tea programs. Make it a “Support Local or Buy Local” effort / campaign
- Sponsor a local charity event and sell iced teas and donate a percentage to the cause. If you REALLY want to sell a lot – consider adding value additions to the bottom such as jelly (nata de coco), boba, or popping juice balls — don’t forget this wide straws! Sell the jelly in small jars, your teas, hand out bogo coupons, etc at the event
February Recipe (Dessert Tea)
Matcha and Chocolate Mint Black Tea FB-022
1. Steep double strength Chocolate Mint Black Tea (3-4 teaspoons) per 4-6 oz. of Water
2. Mix matcha to desired color into milk (froth milk)
3. Pour the frothed matcha milk over into the tea
4. Make Hot or Iced as a Chocolate Mint Latte
5. Dream about how this will replace your Girl Scout Cookie habit this year
(Depending on “milk” used above, the matcha may taste better if sifted over the Chocolate Mint Black Tea and steeped this way. Test what is best for your operations).
We would love to hear from you: What is your favorite promotional campaign, cross promotion, national or local campaign that was successful for you? What are your recipe ideas? Maybe we can feature you and cross promote you!