This spooky Matcha Monster Bundt Cake will leave you feeling like all eyes are on you!
This recipe finds us combining together a moist, yet rich chocolate bundt cake with a creamy Matcha buttercream frosting. But the real Halloween kick here is the decoration, dozens of little tiny monster eyes! For this eye-raising treat we have used a Japanese Culinary Grade Matcha to obtain the fun and vibrant monster green color. This recipe would be frightfully fun to serve to guests in a coffee shop or pastry shop setting, displayed in a glass cake stand for all your customers to see and salivate over.
- Butter, for greasing the pan
- 2 ½ cups All-purpose flour, plus more for dusting the pan
- 1 ¾ cup sugar
- 1 ½ tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- ⅔ cup brewed coffee, cooled
- ½ cup unrefined coconut oil
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 ounces semi sweet chocolate, chopped
- ⅓ cup coconut milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- Preheat your oven to 350*F. Grease a 10 to 12 cup bundt cake pan with butter, dust with flour, tapping out an excess.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, heat the coffee, coconut oil, cocoa powder, semisweet chocolate, and coconut milk. Stir frequently until the chocolate is melted and a smooth sauce is made, about 4 to 5 minutes.
- Fold the chocolate mixture into the flour mixture until smooth and combined.
- Fold in the vanilla extract and eggs until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 45 to 55 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool in the pan for about 10 to 15 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely, about 1 to 2 hours.
- Once the cake has cooled, you can coat the cake in the Matcha Buttercream. It does not need to be perfectly smooth, this is a monster after all!
- After the Matcha buttercream has been applied, start to add your monster eye candy all over the cake. The more eyes the better!
- Store the cake in an airtight container to keep fresh and enjoy!
- 16 tbsp unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 ½ cups powdered sugar
- 4 tsp Japanese Culinary Grade Matcha
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- Candy eyeballs for decoration
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until it is a creamy consistency.
- Sift in the sugar in small increments until the mixture is creamy and light.
- Sift in the Japanese Culinary Grade Matcha and add in the vanilla extract. Beat until smooth and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container or add to a piping bag to use for decorating immediately.
Check out our Japanese Culinary Grade Matcha
Indulge in the taste of Japan with our high-quality Culinary Grade Matcha. Not only is it packed full of antioxidants, but it's also versatile enough to use in a variety of recipes. From lattes to desserts, this matcha will take your creations to new heights. Create amazing recipes with traditional Japanese flavor.
Did you know we’re on Social Media?
Not only can you find us on Youtube but we are also on TikTok! Follow us on our TikTok page, @Teavendor. TikTok is where you can find all of our fun behind the scenes, outtakes, and everyday office shenanigans in the world of tea.